Is your customer credit card & data safe?
In modern times, it seems that most people are concerned about credit card security – an issue that has come to the forefront in today’s world of paperless financial transactions.
The credit card industry has responded to these concerns by requiring businesses to achieve PCI compliance.
Our IMS Voyager solution supports the set of security standards recently created by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) to assure credit card information is protected.
Our reservation software is in PCI Compliance (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
– IMS Uses “strong” encryption of credit card numbers IF you have selected to store them in your database.
– We do Not store swiped data from any credit card unless that option is selected
– We support SSL (secure socket layer), strong encryption, etc. when passing credit card numbers from our online booking engine via supported gateways or desktop applications.
– We do Not store security codes, or transfer security codes, in any database (security codes are only used for imminent transactions)
– Full card numbers are not printed on invoices, in email, etc.
– Full credit card numbers (if selected to be stored) cannot be viewed without entering an encrypted user name and password at the top administration level.
– Supports “auto-logoff” feature. Customer will be automatically logged off after 15 minutes of inactivity. (This value can be changed.)
For companies that take credit card numbers to secure reservations, the Standard requires that this information be stored in a PCI Compliant environment.
Also be aware that if you are using one of these remote hosted ASP or CGI style reservation systems, they may not be PCI compliant. Also who is responsible for the security of their shared databases? Is your customer data secure? Who has access to it?
Our software is downloaded and fully hosted on your website/web server and your MySQL database. With IMS software you own and control everything, using the most powerful, PCI compliant reservation system on the market today.