Energizing your Distribution and Dealer Channel
Wholesalers – IMS HERMES Merchandising Gateway® and ChannelPartner® for Distribution Strategies – Connected eBusiness™
An eBusiness solution designed specifically for manufacturers who sell through distributors or resellers to end users.
HERMES Merchandising Gateway® allows manufacturers to take advantage of the Web, not by selling from their own websites but by empowering their existing dealers/distributors’ websites. Allowing your dealers and distributors to order online can significantly reduce costs plus it can demonstrate your product lines to millions of potential on-line buyers.
Start selling and connecting to buyers and sellers online now.
HERMES & ChannelPartner is the eBusiness solution for wholesalers, distributors and manufacturers who sell through distributors, channel or resellers to end users. It allows you to improve operational efficiency through increased collaboration with your trading partners in a vertically integrated, customer-centric multi-channel model.
Allowing your dealers and distributors to order online can significantly reduce costs plus it can demonstrate your product lines to millions of potential on-line buyers. The following are some of the HERMES features that help you make that happen.
HERMES Merchandising Gateway and its associated reseller applications HERMES ChannelPartner use XML_RPC messages to communicate, which means no lost orders or product-update transactions. These use underlying Web protocols which means no need for special, costly software to handle communications infrastructure.
- easy integration of payment server schemes.
- easy, web-based installation.
- multiple/Unlimited ChannelPartners (reseller websites) can be supported.
- published database schema.
- published XML RPC messaging/communications schema.
HERMES Merchandising Gateway Features
- a vendor can create, edit, delete products.
- they can link related products to one another (i.e. accessories/attachments)
- these individual products and their interrelations get transmitted to all resellers selling vendor’s products via Channelpartner storefronts.
- ordered products and their interrelations are dynamically received from all resellers selling vendor’s products via Channelpartner storefronts.
HERMES ChannelPartner Features
ChannelPartner can be integrated into existing look and feel of the website because of Hermes’ template based infrastructure, which puts data into variables which in turn can be plugged into templates.
- reseller can create categories of products (such as; TV, Stereos, PC’s, Toys, other products, etc.)
- reseller automatically receives new products or product edits, from the vendor
- new products can be assigned to categories.)
- products sold via the reseller website and their subsequent product orders and interrelations get transmitted to the vendors HERMES gateway automatically
- all messages between HERMES Gateway and Reseller ChannelPartner are encoded using SSL for secure transactions
- sessions management based security
- HERMES Gateway & ChannelPartner uses a framework which separates website resources into areas which only certain user classes can access. Administrators can add or remove areas, and define user classes.
HERMES ChannelPartner and HERMES Gateway uses a database abstraction layer (this gives the reseller the flexibility to use the database of their choice to hold all product information. System currently uses MySQL).
- Cron access. The reseller and vendor must be hosted on UNIX based servers (e.g. Linux) which support Cron jobs. ( Required to ensure that all XML_RPC messages are sent between gateway and reseller servers)..
- PHP V. 4.xx.
Energize your Distribution and Dealer Channel – The Internet is reducing your traditional retailer’s ability to influence purchasing behavior by presenting customers with less reason to visit local stores and upending the traditional value proposition offered to your consumers.
If you wish to be successful in implementing the fundamental changes necessary to remain competitive and take advantage of the Web, not only by selling from your own websites but by empowering your existing dealers/distributors’ websites.
HERMES was designed as an integrated B2B4C solution. HERMES allows collaborative co-operation between your resellers, suppliers and consumers.